We’re very excited to announce the sixth annual Brickworld Film Festival! The event theme for Brickworld Chicago 2017 is “Lights, Camera, Bricks!”, so we’re opening up the film festival to filmmakers from all over the world for the first time ever.
We want this to be the best brickfilm festival ever, so we have very few eligibility requirements (see the official rules below). Your film doesn’t have to be recently made or contain any specific theme. We want your best work of all time. All eligible films will screen continuously in the Brickfilm Theater for the duration of Brickworld Chicago. The attendees of Brickworld Chicago will vote on the films to decide the winners. We’ve also pulled together a pretty awesome prize pack for the winner.
And while attending Brickworld Chicago isn’t required to enter the contest, we highly recommend it. In addition to the film festival, we will be running a LEGO animation workshop, screening a special film, showcasing models from our latest animations and just generally hanging out and talking about LEGO. You can register for Brickworld Chicago on their website.
- Anyone can enter a film in the festival, but you must be a Full Registrant of Brickworld Chicago to be eligible for the “Best Film” Trophy.
- Your film must be longer than 30 seconds and shorter than 5 minutes in length.
- Your film must be uploaded to YouTube.
- Your film should use LEGO elements to tell a story. It can be animated or live action, or a combination of the two.
- Your film must not have been submitted to any previous Brickworld Film Festival.
- By entering your film for consideration, you attest that you hold all rights to exhibit the given work. This includes (but is not limited to) visuals, music, and characters. Unlicensed use of copyrighted material is not allowed.
- Limit one (1) entry per director.
- Films should be enjoyable by all ages. Film content such as (but not limited to) curse words/swearing, excessive violence, sexual content, and drug use will be grounds for disqualification.
- To submit, e-mail email@example.com by June 5, 2017 with the following information:
- A link to your film on YouTube
- A completed entry form
- There will be two winners of the festival
- Best of Brickworld Chicago – a Brickworld “Best Film” trophy will be awarded to the film submitted by a Brickworld Chicago Full Registrant that receives the most votes from the audience at Brickworld Chicago.
- Best of Brickworld International – a Prize Pack (approximate retail value $250 USD) will be awarded to the film that receives the most votes from the audience at Brickworld Chicago.
- By submitting your film, the Brickworld Film Festival is granted the right to use and/or publish clips or the full videos, screenshots, director and crew names, and any other material related to an entry in the event program, the Brickworld Film Festival screening, the Brickworld website, re-screenings at future Brickworld events, and for any and all promotional purposes.
Prize Pack Details
- 8077: Atlantis Exploration HQ
- 60134: Fun in the Park – City People Pack
- 21103: The DeLorean Time Machine
- 71238: Cyberman
- Misc. Collectable Minifigures (x6)
- 40021: Spiders
- 852948: Female Minifigure Magnets
- 6868: Hulk’s Hellicarrier Breakout
- 852690: Designer’s Toolset
- Medieval and WWII BrickStix packs
- Signed copy of Brickjournal Issue #14
- Signed copy of The LEGO Animation Book
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your films!